The nanoETCH system is optimised for providing the fine control required for substrate and device preparation in graphene and 2D materials research. For substrates, it allows for production of optimal microscopic topography and chemistry that is needed for producing large monolayer crystal flake sizes by mechanical exfoliation. For devices, unparalleled fine plasma control enables patterned etching in a gentle manner that does not affect other crucial structures that are present.
Moorfield technology is unique and offers unmatched performance for these applications. In recognition of this, multiple nanoETCH systems have been recently installed into the new National Graphene Institute in the UK.
- 2D materials “soft etching”
- Substrate/support conditioning for mechanical exfoliation
- Precision RF powers < 30 W
- Up to 3 MFC-controlled process gases
- Fully automatic operation via touchscreen HMI
- Up to 6” diameter stages
- Base pressures < 5 × 10-7 mbar
- Define/save multiple process recipes
- Automatic pressure control option
- Equipped for easy servicing
- Comprehensive safety features
- Cleanroom compatible
- Proven performance
- High-accuracy pressure measurement
- Ultra-high resolution RF power control
- Automatic pressure-control
- Dry backing pump
- Fast chamber vent
- Additional MFC-controlled process gas lines
- Additional DC power supply
- Process gases: 25 psi supplies, 99.99% purity or better.
- Service gas: Dry compressed air, nitrogen or argon, 60–80 psi supply.
- Power: Single-phase 230 V, 50 Hz, 10 A.
- Chilled water: 18–20 °C, 1 L/min, pressure < 4 bar.
- Exhaust extraction.